Sign properties can be edited from either the sign preview menu or by selecting an evacuation sign icon on your floorplan.
This setting determines whether a sign is autogenerated by PlanStudio. Only autogenerated signs can be produced within PlanStudio. If set to "manual" or "externally provided," it indicates that PlanStudio will not generate these signs.
This property specifies whether a sign must have a specific orientation. It is an informative setting only and does not impact templates or other configurations.
The Sign Ref (Sign Reference)
This is a unique sign reference or name for each sign and is visible on the bottom left of default sign templates. These references are used to identify your signs and must be unique for each sign on a floor. By default, it may read AG - YAH - 01.
"AG" for "automatically generated" then, YAH for "You are here" and then the number of the Sign, This can be manually customized, for example the AG could be changed to be your initials or the level in the building.
Before you can view a sign preview you must have selected a template, all of the available templates for your current job should be available in this list.
This option allows you to restrict the icons displayed in the legend to only those icons visible on the part of the floor plan that is currently in view. This is particularly useful for larger jobs where additional icons may be cropped off the page.
You can select a pre-made icon filter from your library. This is helpful if you need to change the Icon filter to one other than the default for your chosen template.
Alarm zone style
This property provides options for creating zone block plans. In the dropdown menu, you can choose:
- "Defer to Template": This uses any settings you've configured in your template.
- "Leader Lines": This option displays the zone with a line connecting it to the zone.
- "Legend": This option shows a color-coordinated legend that you can move on your diagram.
This dropdown menu offers options for displaying alternate evacuation routes on your plans. By default, it is set to "Hide All." You can change it to:
- "Hide Nearby": Shows exits at different ends of the building while ignoring doors that are close to each other.
- "Show All": Displays every exit or evacuation path available on the plan. When using "Show All," you can go back to your plan editor, select an evacuation sign icon, and use the evacuation path mode to manually configure which evacuation path each sign should use.
Site plan path style
This setting lets you configure the appearance of evacuation lines on your site plan. You have three options:
- "Primary": All evacuation paths appear as solid green lines.
- "Primary and Secondary": Navigation paths you've drawn as secondary lines will show up as dashed lines.
- "Show All Secondaries": All lines you've drawn will appear as dashed lines.
This option allows you to hide areas on a plan if you've added a private zone. Setting it to "Show Public Areas Only" will hide the designated region of the plan, removing any doors or icons within that zone.
Final Exit Mode
The final exit tool Please refer to the video on final exits for more information on this setting.
By understanding and configuring these sign properties in PlanStudio, you can effectively tailor your evacuation signs and floor plan elements to meet your specific needs and preferences.