In this tutorial, we'll explore the Icon Layouts tool, which allows you to manipulate the position and orientation of objects within your diagram. You'll learn how to identify editable objects, move them, and maintain your layout preferences. We'll also cover how to reset layouts to their default positions if needed.
Step 2: Manipulating Objects
When you activate this tool, all editable objects on the plans will be highlighted with an orange box. Objects with an orange box around them can be manipulated in a few different ways,
- Click on the object to display preset options for movement.
- Manually click and drag the object to the desired position on the page.
You can manipulate the position of various elements, including:
- The "YOU ARE HERE" symbol.
- The final arrow indicating evacuation paths.
- "To assembly area" text.
- You can reposition and rotate room names or any text on your plan.
- Repositioning the North symbol and any icons on your site plan, as well as attributions at the bottom of the diagram.
Objects that have been moved will change from orange to green. This color change indicates that these objects have been edited.
Lock Layouts (Optional)
If you want to ensure that your manual layout preferences are retained while adding or editing icons, consider using the "Lock Layouts" button. This option prevents unintentional changes to your layout if you have to go back to the plan editor and make further changes to your floorplan.
If you encounter issues or need to revert layouts to their default positions, use the "Reset Layouts" button. This will restore the objects to their original placement.
By following these steps, you can efficiently customize the layout of objects within your diagram, ensuring that it aligns with your project's requirements, or companies standards.